4330 Black Gold Drive
Leduc, AB T9E 3C3
Welcome to Fragapalooza, a 4 Day NON-STOP Video Gaming Extravaganza Event, put on by Gamers for Gamers! It's a bring your own Computer/Console (with games) event where we provide you a venue, seat, table, network, internet and power for all your gaming needs with hundreds of other people doing the exact same thing! There's tournaments, prizes, fun times and great gaming to be had by all!
Register Today and then Purchase a Seat to attend!
Kosmos joins us again
Kosmos Restaurant and Lounge is sponsoring Fragapalooza 2016 and we are so happy they are with us again. Check out their Menu and Pamphlets on the Head Stage for a wide variety of Delicious Entrees.
Shaw will be running a N64 SmashBros tournament at 2pm Today it will be 1v1v1v1. You can sign up at the SHAW booth which you can find by its big blue tent. Also they will be giving away a free month of internet to the winner! So, free stuff and games what's not to like?
League will be starting presently! The brackets can be found here. If you have questions, please come up!
Good Eats, Local Treats
Moo's Sports Louge is the new restaurant located in the LRC second floor. They have setup special pricing for all Fragapalooza 2016 participants at 10% off the regular menu for anyone with a Fragapalooza 2016 ID Tag, as well as they will have daily specials located at the restaurant for your consuming pleasure. Check 'em out at the event for all your local needs at this great price!
Microsoft joins us at Fragapalooza!!!
Microsoft is sponsoring Fragapalooza 2016 with some great prizes and tournaments!!! We are very thrilled to have them at the event this year and we know they are bringing their game with them! They will be onsite with XBox Ones and games to play as well as Tournaments to sign-up for! Halo, Killer Instinct, Forza are all on the docket thanks to Microsoft. See you at the event and check out the Microsoft Store in West Edmonton Mall if you get a chance!
Play Hard, Sleep Well, Play Some More!
Fragapalooza is a 4 day, NON-STOP event, but even the best of us have to crash and burn only to get back up to play some more! Well there are a few options we have put together to help you out with the crash part, letting you get the best sleep you can with the options below:
- Camping - The Leduc Recreation Centre (LRC) has a camping area just North of the main building (in fact its just exactly North of the Fragapalooza Event itself!), just within a small walking distance. The area is a Gravel section, where Garbage Bins will be provided by the LRC. While there aren't any hookup facilities, you are welcome to bring your Tents, Trailers, and RVs to stay in the area, and the Fragapalooza venue does offer Team Locker rooms with onsite showers. NOTE: this area is first come first serve, and may be shared with other events happening in the area at the same time.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport and Conference Centre (1100 4 St, Nisku, AB T9E8E2) - Just a short cab ride to the LRC, this location is offering specific discounts for Fragapalooza 2016 Participants. Use their online booking system, or call 780.979.0839 to book your suites (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/EtYfqcvRaTA2). They are offering: $109.49 + Tax per room per night based on 1-4 guests, including full hot breakfast daily in the restaurant.
- Days Inn Edmonton Airport (5705 50 St, Leduc, AB T9E 6Z8) - Also a short cab ride to the LRC, this location is offering discounts to all Fragapalooza 2016 Participants. Use their online booking system (use code LBBG), or call 780.986.6550 to book your suites (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/JHLKDMTWeW32). They are offering: $109.99 + Tax per room per night.
- Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites (5207 50th Ave, Leduc, AB T9E 6V3) - Another a short cab ride to the LRC, this location is offering discounts to all Fragapalooza 2016 Participants. Use their online booking system (use code DISC01), or call 780.986.2241 to book your suites (Map: https://goo.gl/maps/eaxmpzG6UWy). They are offering: $109.99 + Tax per room per night.
- At the Event - The North part of the seating plan shows a small area that can be used to put down single sized sleeping bags/beds, but is limited to first come first serve, and may be subject to removal should the event need more seating for participants. As you can tell already we are a pretty full venue this year, so while we hope this area will be available for this use, we cannot guarantee that to be so!
NOTE: While you may find lots of areas that look appealing to drop your sleeping gear down to rest with, we unfortunately are limited to the LRC's Soccer Pitch area where the Fragapalooza event itself is held, and won't be able to offer any other areas in the LRC for sleep accommodations. Please keep this in mind when planning your stay while at the event.
Hope this helps you out in your search for that pillow to rest a gamer's head on, but don't rest too long lest you miss out on all the fun!!!!
Here is the Poster for this year's event. Download and share as much as possible as we push for the last little bit here before it all begins!
You and a friend are on a deserted island with nothing but your wits and your bare hands, can you survive the island, the hostile islanders and the local fauna? Did we mention dinosaurs? Oops, yeah there’s dinosaurs there too.
Survive, Outwit, Outlast. Be the last team standing and claim your prize!
Extra-Life Edmonton is stepping up this year to run an ARK: Survival of the Fittest tournament at Fragapalooza this year. They will be running it on Saturday evening for two-man tribes in a grand melee bloodfest. Signups are now live with tournament format and rules forthcoming. While you're letting blood for survival, consider contributing towards their fundraising for The Stollery Children's Hospital. Gamers for Gamers!
For all participants wanting to participate in one of the tournaments, you may be interested in taking a look at the tentative Tournament Schedule. This schedule is subject to change depending on tournament interest at the time of the event. Should any changes occur, this document will be updated accordingly and will also be prominently displayed at the event. As stated in the tournament rules, we will be conforming to this schedule as best as we can and it is expected that all teams signed up for tournaments will be available during their schedule times without delay.
Tridon Communications will be providing radio communications to help us run the event. Check them out for all your communication needs!
Tridon Communications is the leading wireless communication provider for Northern Alberta. We supply Kenwood and Motorola two-way radios, TELUS cellular products, engineering and network solutions, rentals, and much more. Tridon has been supplying wireless equipment and services to to the Oil Sands of Alberta for over 35 years. We are locally owned and operated, and have fully equipped service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton, and Athabasca.
OnX steps up again!
OnX Enterprise Solutions starting working with us in 2015 and is back for Fragapalooza 2016 as a sponsor for our 20 Years in the Making event! Check them out for various IT Services and Solution needs!
Get the speeds you need!
Shaw has been providing Fraggers with Internet for many many many years at Fragapalooza, and our 20 Years in the Making event is no different. Shaw will be on hand with a Tent at the event with prizing as well!
In addition to the previously announced tournaments, we will be running a couple side tournaments during this year's Fragapalooza. For those of you with a creative bent, we will have an official creative mode Minecraft server where you can compete to design the coolest or most interesting construct. Those with a need for speed will have an opportunity to drop by our Forza racing setup and attack the time trial.
BioWare supports local gaming event...
BioWare, a Division of EA, and Edmonton based company is stepping to the plate again this year! First back sponsoring Fragapalooza 2015, we are so pleased to announce them back for our 20th Year event as one of our local gaming community sponsors! Thanks for join us this year for Fragapalooza 2016!
You guys did it! You are the best. Today we release the Team Blue and Team Red Shirt Designs as well as updated all product imagery on the Store! Check out what all the merchandise looks like and get yours in today! Remember you have to have a seat at the event to be able to buy merchandise, because that is where you will pick it up!
MERCHANDISE DEADLINE is JULY 10, 2016!
Power By.... Intel
Intel has been a sponsor of ours many times in history, but today we welcome them back as a sponsor of Fragapalooza 2016! Just Awesome!
Your Shirts Provided By...
i.d. apparel is officially sponsoring Fragapalooza 2016. They are helping us out with our Merchandise this year, and we are so lucky to be working with them. Here is a bit from the sponsor:
Established in 1997, i.d. apparel is a Western Canadian leader in promotional marketing, specializing in corporate apparel and custom embroidery.
i.d. apparel has on-site state-of-the-art embroidery equipment, a digital imprinter, and a laser engraving system in our 16,000 sq. ft. Stettler facility. In addition to our production facility, i.d. apparel has two additional warehouses with over 30,000 sq. ft. of storage space and stock.
Registration Forms for your convenience have been posted. You must be registered to see the forms and logged into the website: Forms
Welcome to July! We are now just over a month away from Fragapalooza 2016 - our 20th year!!! Can you taste the excitement?
This year, like every year, we are looking for volunteers to help us run the event and make it the best we can. There are lots of things we need help with, and for those that have not volunteered before, there is a document explaining the different jobs/tasks that are required.
If you are interested in volunteering this year, I need you to fill out this volunteer application form. There are not a lot of questions, but it will help us better prepare and be more organized.
This year we will be introducing our first solo tournament for League of Legends! If you think you have the skill to come out victorious using nothing but your own skills, this tournament will be a perfect showcase of your abilities. If this interests you, check out the tournament rules, and sign up now!
The schedule for this tournament has not yet been decided, but will not conflict with other tournaments.
Sign-up ahead of Fragapalooza 2016 with your Teams!!!!
We announced the following last week with the Rocket League post:
We are also pleased to announce that we are currently accepting signups for all of our announced tournaments! You can sign up for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Overwatch and Rocket League over on our tournaments page. You must be logged in and have at least one paid seat for Fragapalooza 2016. Buy a ticket while early bird seats are still available!
But thought we should post it all by itself! New to Fragapalooza 2016 event is the ability to pre-sign up for Official Tournaments through the website itself! This does many things for you and Fragapalooza together:
- Lets you pre-set your teams and be ready to battle it out together without the mad rush of doing so day of the Tournament
- Lets Fragapalooza know how many teams to schedule and get those schedules narrowed down well in advance to let you and your team mates know when you will be playing
- Lets everyone know how many teams will be at the event and which teams those will be
- Lets Fragapalooza determine if we can officially hold the Tournament if there is a minimum team count required
So please, get your teams registered, paid and then signed-up for the tournament(s) you wish to participate in. As always Contact Us with any questions, concerns or anything else on this or any other matter.
Today we launch Fragapalooza 2016 Merchandise on the Fragapalooza website Store. You can now start a new cart of items you want to pre-order for pickup at Fragapalooza 2016 event held August 4-7, 2016 at the Leduc Recreation Centre. Only fully paid completed purchases will be ordered and the cut-off for orders will be July 9, 2016. We have a big selection this year of items, including favorites like T-Shirts and Caps, as well as a list of lots of new things. The full item list is as follows:
- Fancy Geek Sheet (Embroidered T-Shirt)
- Plain Geek Sheet (T-Shirt)
- ** RvB Team Shirts (T-Shirt)
- Gamer Uniform (Hoodie)
- Fine Threads (Polo Shirt)
- Mobile Shade Gadget (Ball Cap)
- Hydration Retention Device (Coffee Mug)
- Flexible Art (Mouse Pad)
** The design of the RvB Team Shirts is currently under wraps until Fragapalooza 2016 has reached a Paid Participants count level (its a secret!). Just know they are worth the wait, but if you or people you know what to see and have pending seats or have been waiting to register, get in now to enjoy the benefits of Early Bird (ends July 3, 2016) purchases as well as help unlock this Special T-Shirt Design Achievement! We aren't stopping you from ordering the RvB Team Shirts, just making a little fun game of it for the masses!
Today we are happy to announce Seating will be opening soon. We are having a RvB theme this year, so if you want to be on the R or the B you might want to stick in the seating that matches (and that is the only teaser we are giving today on that part of Fragapalooza 2016). Seating will be opening in the following order:
- Special Event Registrations (Extra Life 2015, etc) - June 30th
- Early Bird/Holiday Sale Purchases (including Clan Gathering/Holiday Gathering fully paid by July 3rd, 2016) - July 4th
- General Admission Seating (including Clan Gathering purchased on/after July 4th, 2016) - July 10th
As you can see you still have time to get those EARLY BIRD seat purchases paid by July 3rd to not only get the Early Bird bonus prize draws but also get to select your seats earlier than everyone else!
For those whom are looking for Clan Reserved seating, please use the Contact Us form and include the following:
- Subject: Clan Reservation - [Clan Name]
- Clan Head - Name, Gamer Alias, FP Login (This person is consider the Clan Manager in terms of contact for the reservation - does not need to be the Clan Head in terms of your gaming)
- Members - Name, Gamer Alias, FP Login
- Row and Seats you wish to reserve
- Did you request a Clan Reservation in 2015? If so can we reuse? (We will send you back a list of current people)
We will only be taking seat reservations for Clans 6 members or more. The Reservations will only be until July 17th at which time the reservations will expire and be returned to the general selection pool.